Euromodel
If you are registered please login to enter.
If you are not registered please register before to enter. It's free !!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Euromodel
If you are registered please login to enter.
If you are not registered please register before to enter. It's free !!
Euromodel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal William

Go down

Royal William Empty Royal William

Post  SirCharlesEdward Sat May 26, 2012 9:40 pm

I must admit that when I purchased this kit I knew that it was a more advanced kit than I was used to. The components of the kit itself were of excellent quality, from the wood stock including the precut and laser cut parts, to the metal decorations even the sail cloth included, although I am not sure that there was enough material included to make all of the sails yet.

To continue, the kit was purchased from Model Expo, at the time tht they were carrying Euromodel. They have since reduced their import kit manufacturers to only OcCre, Corel, Mamoli and Dumas. Their loss because I am not adverse to ordering from overseas manufacturers, if possible, and model wholesellers, even though the shipping can be expensive, about $125.00 US dollars to ship from UK's Model Dockyard.

I must give credit to Euromodel customer service to use piratepete to document his build of Euromodels kits; to be used as an instruction manuals. Without his email support and lengthy answers, in addition to his WIP now PDF manuals. I would have given up even considering starting this advanced level kit. I must add that that the Royal William arrived from ME missing the rigging packet, which Euromodel sent almost immediately after receiving my email asking about rigging supplies. I went through the WIP documents from piratepete and identified all wood sizes and metal decoration part numbers. While doing this I discovered some minor shortages in blocks and other minor milled parts and again almost immediately, from Italy, Euromodel sent additional parts and extra parts that I didn't even request. Good show that...

After identifiying all parts and cutting away the bulkheads from their plywood base, I started the hull / carcass contruction. You have to think several steps ahead and reference all plan sheets to do this correctly. The main keel and all bulkheads all fit with very little sanding. The following pictures show the kit components as I was going through the instructions to identfy all of the parts.

The preview did not show the picture so I will post it and see if they are there.

SirCharlesEdward

http://www.mt.gov

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum